Pages

1.08.2010

sticking with it

I am not a big fan of New Year's Resolutions. I don't like giving myself an opportunity to fail. This year I decided to bite the bullet ad come up with a resolution. But, I made it super general so that I had lots of room to succeed.  So, this year's resolution is to simply be healthier.

This could be anything. I plan to eat better, no more McDonald's for me, and workout whenever I get the chance. You'll be happy to know that I am well on my way to accomplishing my goal. The Monday after New Year's I went to the gym and joined! And then the next day I actually went to the gym, and the day after that! Two days in a row is quite a feat for me. Today me and my mom went to Zumba. Has anyone else out there ever tried it? It's almost like a cross between a latin dancing class and aerobics. There is some great music and you really don't feel like you are exercising. Now that doesn't mean you don't sweat up a storm because believe me you do! But, if you just get it in your head that you're just dancing you don't start counting down the minutes until the class is over. We know we've all done it. I'm convinced that the only reason to have a towel at the gym is to cover the timer on the elliptical.

On the eating healthier front I'm doing pretty good. I have an app on my iPod that keeps track of my calories and exercise. You can program it with your weight, height, birthdate, and how many pounds you want to lose a week and it will tell you how many calories you can eat a day. It's super handy. It's also a little scary. I looked at some of the food I usually eat and was appalled. I'm surprised I haven't keeled over yet from a clogged artery. So basically this app scares you into eating better. Nothing like fear as a motivator!

How are ya'll's resolutions going? Everybody still on the wagon?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started taking Zumba last year and LOVED it. That was the first time that I really started to feel comfortable with my body. I switched to yoga just for the meditation and relaxation factor but I would love to mix it up with some Zumba again.

Keep up the good work and good call on making broad resolutions!!